6.8.2 3Ys Y-YY
This tutorial will show how to create a graph with three Y axes; one left Y axis and double right Y axes.
Minimum Origin Version Required: Origin 2015 SR0
What you will learn
- Create a graph with three Y axes; one left Y axis and double right Y axes.
- Customize scatter plots.
- Change axis scale, type, title, etc.
- Add an axis to an existing graph.
- Update the graph legend.
This tutorial is associated with <Origin EXE Folder>\Samples\Tutorial Data.opj.
Also, you can refer to this graph in Origin Central. (Select Help: Origin Central menu or press F11 key , and then open Graph Sample: Multiple Axis and Mutiple Panel)
- Open Tutorial Data.opj and browse to the 3Ys Y-YY folder in Project Explorer (PE).
- Highlight all data columns in the worksheet, then on the Plot menu, click Multi-Y: 3Ys Y-YY to create a graph with three Y axes - one left Y and two right Y.
- Customize data plots:
- Double-click on the plot to open the Plot Details dialog box. In the left panel, select the plot in Layer1, then change the plot type, symbol and color as shown below (be careful not to clear the check box to the left of the plot):
- Click the data plot in Layer2 and change the plot type and symbol shape as shown in the following:
- Choose the Error bar plot in Layer2, then change its color to Black.
- Choose the plot in Layer3. Change the Plot Type to be Line + Symbol and go the Symbol tab (right panel), choose the following settings:
- Select the Line tab (with Layer 3 still selected) and change Connect to B-Spline. Click OK to close Plot Details.
- Double-click on the X axis to open the Axis dialog box. Configure the X axis scale as shown in the following:
- Go to Tick Labels tab and click Top icon on the left panel, check the Show box and show tick labels of top axis.
- Then go to Line and Ticks tab, check Show Line and Ticks box to show line and ticks for top axis and click on Apply.
- Go to the Scale tab and click the Vertical icon on the left panel and duplicate the following settings:
- Go to Title tab and change the Y Axis title to Deposition Pressure (Torr) and select Auto from color drop-down list.
- Click OK to close the Axis dialog box and apply the axis settings to layer 1.
- Double-click on the right red Y axis. In the Y Axis - Layer 2, repeat step 4, but with scale from 765 to 795, and an increment of 10. Change the axis title to Annealing Temperature (\+(0)C) and select Auto from Color drop-down list. Click OK to close the Axis dialog box.
- Double-click on the right blue Y axis. Change the axis scale to read from 0 to 6 with an increment of 1. Under Title, enter \g(D)T\-(c) (K) for Text and select Auto from Color drop-down list.
- Click OK to apply settings and close the dialog box. On the graph, right-click the legend object and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. This opens the Object Properties dialog box. Go to Frame tab, and change Frame to Shadow. Go to Text tab, and enter the text shown below, then click OK to close the dialog box. Reposition the legend object, as needed.
- \l(1) As Grown
- \l(2.1) Annealed
- \l(3.1) \g(D)T\-(C)
- Add a graph title by creating a text object and typing Characteristics of Samples Grown Under Different Conditions. Reposition as needed.
- Right click on the page(area other than the plot) and select Fit Page To Layers... and choose OK in the bring-up dialog to auto adjust the page dimension properly.
- Reposition the blue Y axis properly so it becomes the following graph: