Download the Agilent MS Reader.opx and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires Origin version 2016SR1 or later. If you have Origin2016Sr0, please select Help: Check for Updates from Origin menu to first update Origin.
Click the Agilent MS Reader App icon, and select an Agilent MS file (*.MS extension) to import the file. A workbook with 3 worksheets is created:
- The 1st worksheet contains the imported data.
- The 3rd worksheet contains an embedded interactive graph. To use the graph to explore your data:
- Double-click on the embedded graph to activate it.
- Drag the vertical reference line in the chromatogram (upper plot) to display the corresponding mass spec in the lower plot.
- Optionally hide the labels in the mass spec plot by unchecking the "Show Labels" checkbox.
- Labels will auto position to avoid overlapping though you may move individual labels as necessary.
- The 2nd worksheet contains the mass spec data (peak mass and abundance) displayed in the mass spec plot on the interactive graph.
Note: This app only supports importing data files with the .MS extension and not .D files created by Agilent instrument software.