Why do I see "System Folder Build Failed"?
Why are my axes missing?
Why won't my file open?
What's wrong with my script?
Why are the colors in my color list black?
If you are experiencing any of these problems:
Then the problem may be caused by an incompatibility with your default printer driver.
- When you start Origin, you see the Script window open reporting "System folder build failed. Please resolve".
- When you try to start Origin, you see an Origin application error.
- Graph axes fail to display.
- The File Open dialog does not open the selected file (but double-click on OPJ in Explorer works).
- A simple script that couldn't possibly have an error fails to run.
- An OPK file dropped on Origin fails to unpack.
- Neither packing or unpacking files works from the menu.
- The colors in your Origin color list are all black.
- When performing statistics I get this message, "Origin C OStat routines failed to properly load."
In most cases, the problem will be resolved by replacing an Origin DLL.
Note: Service Release 6, (SR6), for Origin 7.5, contains the fix as well, so select Help:Check for Updates to get the latest update to Origin.
- Shut down Origin
- Download this file:
and save it to your Origin folder (replacing the existing file)
- Restart Origin
The specific problem of 'System Folder Build Failed' can happen independently - even in Origin 7.5 SR6 - if some Origin C files have become corrupted. In this particular case, try exiting Origin and deleting the OCTEMP folder found in your User Files Folder.
ID Number: 1080
Item Category: System Problems
Origin Version: 7.5,7.0
Database Information Type: Tip
Number of Times Accessed: 15652
Creation Date: 3/10/2005 10:09:14 AM
Last Modified: 11/27/2007 3:53:07 PM